Car sourcing - explained
There are lots of decisions to make when you buy a car. Which brand do you go for? Do you want a petrol or diesel? What features does the car simply have to have and what about the purchase price and subsequent costs?
How our sourcing service works, is outlined here:
- Your requirements are first identified - which type of car, which type of fuel, which specifications you need (and don't need!), what type of journeys you typically do. You may have an idea of a particular vehicle, we can confirm that this is the best option, or give you others. You may have no idea whatsoever. Whichever stage of the selection process you are at, we can help!
- We then find vehicles that match your requirements. We have trade contacts with many marques.
- We buy it for you at trade price, subject to it meeting our requirements (primarily condition, history, and price).
- We identify and carry out any work it may require after a thorough test drive and inspection (for example servicing due, cambelts, tyres or any paintwork needed to rectify scuffs).
- We then charge a sourcing fee of 10% of the trade purchase price. This will always be less than a typical main dealer forecourt margin.
- The vehicle will come with a full warranty and a minimum of 6 months MOT.
We will be in contact with you at every stage of the sourcing process.
As always, we are happy to discuss your requirements with you. Simply use our contact form or telephone us for a no obligation discussion and quotation.
Example with costings:
This example outlines the concept with costings and savings attached:
A £12,500 Volkswagen Scirocco from a main dealer would typically include a profit margin of around £2,000.
The sourcing costs of a similar vehicle (same model, age, mileage) would likely be:
Trade purchase price - £9,500
Rectification works (any service, tyres, MOT, paint) - £500
Transportation charges (if outside of local area) - £175
Warranty (if required, some cars may still be covered by manufacturers warranty - £150
Our sourcing fee - £950
Total cost £11,275
This example saving you around £1,225.
We only select from a base of quality vehicles, with full service histories, for all sourced cars.
This ensures that the car you buy, will come with the reassurance of knowing it's been well maintained with a full service history, and all appropriate checks on the vehicle (HPI history and mechanical checks) have been carried out prior to sale, and any works required to rectifiy any issues completed.
** Sourcing fees:
Fees are chargeable on handover of the vehicle based on the trade purchase price:
Up to £20k - 10% of trade purchase price.
Over 20k - Price on application.
Worthing, West Sussex
***Important! Please call for appointment to view any vehicle before arriving***
Telephone : 07850 327137
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewings 7 days a week including evenings by appointment, please call or use our contact form to send us an email.
Remember, all our vehicles are fully inspected prior to sale, HPI checked and MOT'd, ready to go with no additional costs.